Sunday, April 10, 2022

Tasting- Santa Julia

 .    

Name: Santa Julia 

Variety: Torrontes

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina 

Year 2021

Price: $8


According to the back of the label this is a dry, flora, and aromatic wine with a spicy and refreshing finish.


Overall, I loved this wine. It was light bodied, crisp, and had mild to medium acids. I really liked how the tangerine taste provided the acid component of the wine. I also really enjoyed the peach aroma with floral notes that the wine had to offer. This was a very refreshing wine that I would definitely get again.


According to page 177 of Wine Folly this is a dry wine. The floral notes I smelled were the rose petal scents of the variety, and the acids are from the meyer lemon and citrus zest of the grape. The back of this wine’s label says the wine has a spicy and refreshing finish, and while I didn't get the spicy part, I definitely got the refreshing finish!


I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese 4/17

  Cabernet sauvignon paired with rustic red cheddar  This was a savory, salty, and slightly nutty cheese, with a crumbly texture. This caber...