Friday, January 28, 2022

Welcome to my Wine Blog

Hi everyone, my name is Maddy Meidling and I am a senior biochemistry major who is excited to learn more about wine. As of now, I have enjoyed the casual glass of wine with my friends while watching TV, or with my mom when we chat after dinner. I have always loved white wines such as pinot grigio and rieslings. I have recently started trying red wines, and though I still prefer white, I have grown to like pinot noir, and look forward to trying more!

Besides loving its taste, I have always enjoyed the social aspects of wine. At home my mom would ask “Want a glass of wine?” and I knew that meant more than just sharing a drink. For us, it meant catching up on our day and has become one of my favorite memories when I go back home. Here at school, my friends will come over and someone will bring their favorite wine we can sip on while we chat and get our minds off of the stress of school. Wine has strong social ties and it is one of the reasons I love it. 

This semester I look forward to trying new wines and being able to articulate what flavors and characteristics I like about wine. I also hope I can learn how to spot a good wine, without breaking the bank. I am also thrilled to learn how to pair wines with different foods.  I am eager to try new wines and wineries and create new memories with my friends surrounding wine. During this class I am excited to expand on my, minimal, knowledge about wine to allow me to be a more sophisticated wine drinker who can truly appreciate the flavors and aromas.  In the past, I have not tried many wines, but I am thrilled for that to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese 4/17

  Cabernet sauvignon paired with rustic red cheddar  This was a savory, salty, and slightly nutty cheese, with a crumbly texture. This caber...