Friday, January 28, 2022

Tasting - The Chateau Michelle Gewürztraminer

 Tasting - The Chateau Michelle Gewürztraminer 

Name: The Chateau Michelle

Variety of grapes: Gewurztraminer

Country of Origin: USA

Region: Columbia Valley, Oregon 

Vintage year: 2020

Price $9


I purchased this wine at Kroger and it was recommended to me by Dennis. He stated that this wine contained floral, lychee, and spiced flavors. While I didn’t pick up on much of the spiced flavors, I definitely tasted, and enjoyed the floral and lychee flavors this wine contained. 


According to Wine Folly, page 115, a Gewürztraminer is an aromatic white wine that contains intense floral aromas, which were evident when I tried the wine. This wine is also known for its lychee, rose, grapefruit, tangerine and ginger taste. Personally, I tasted lychee and tangerine the most, but not the ginger and rose.


I thoroughly enjoyed this wine! I loved the lychee and citrusy flavors and its strong floral aromas. It was a sweet wine with low acidity and tannins.  This was fuller bodied white wine, but not overbearing, I really enjoyed how each sip was filled with flavor. Overall, a very enjoyable wine that I would definitely purchase again.  


I did not try this wine with food.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese 4/17

  Cabernet sauvignon paired with rustic red cheddar  This was a savory, salty, and slightly nutty cheese, with a crumbly texture. This caber...