Saturday, March 19, 2022

Tasting- Barefoot Pinto Grigio

 .            

Name: Barefoot Pinot Grigio

Variety: Pinot Grigio

Region: California 

Country: US

Year: Non-vintage 

Price: $10


According to Drizzly.com this is a light-bodied wine with a bright finish. It contains floral and citrus aromas and tart green apple flavors with a hint of white peach.


This has been a favorite of mine for a while, mostly because a magnum is only $10! I have also appreciated the green apple and citrus flavors of the wine that makes it rather acidic tasting.Unlike, Drizzly.com I don't really taste the white peach but I can detect the floral flavors, adding to some of the sweetness in the wine.  According to page 149 in Wine Folly, this wine contains lemon zest flavors, which is especially permanent in this wine, as well as raw almond and crushed gravel taste, which I do not taste here.  


Overall, this is a good wine! It is a refreshing, light bodied wine that cheap and enjoyable! I really appreciate the acidic flavors and tartness this wine has to offer, without being too sour. I also love how this wine is bursting with fruity aromas, mostly pears. I love the crisp flavors this wine has to offer, making it a great drink to have after a stressful day!


I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese 4/17

  Cabernet sauvignon paired with rustic red cheddar  This was a savory, salty, and slightly nutty cheese, with a crumbly texture. This caber...