Sunday, March 20, 2022

Tasting- Ivory Mist

 .  

  • Name: Ivory Mist 

  • Variety: Cayuga

  • Region Tennessee 

  • Country: US 

  • Year: 2019

  • Price: 18

 















According to the winery’s website, Grinderswitch.com this is

“An off-dry white wine from the Cayuga grape. It's light, refreshing and oh so easy

to drink. We call this our "champagne without the bubbles" and

it's something your book club is gonna love.”


This is a semi sweet wine with subtle apple aromas. It contains crisp and flora notes with a splash of honey. This is a medium bodied, refreshing wine with mild acids. This contains soft pineapple and apple flavors. Like the winery says, I agree that this is a light and refreshing wine. However, I don't think it tastes much like champagne, I think champagnes are drier. According to page 94 of Wine Folly champagnes are creamy and have apple flavors, which this wine certainly has. 


Overall this is a good wine. I personally prefer a less creamy and more acidic white wine, but despite this, it is still refreshing and light. I would not repurchase because I do not think it is worth the price, but I do not regret buying this wine. All in all it was interesting getting to try a cayuga varietal and it was pretty good!


I did not try this wine with food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese 4/17

  Cabernet sauvignon paired with rustic red cheddar  This was a savory, salty, and slightly nutty cheese, with a crumbly texture. This caber...